Arsenal register interest in Man Utd transfer target, Man City close to signing defender and Newcastle takeover collapses


The Gunners have been told by Aston Villa they have no plans of letting the midfielder leave until their £80m valuation of the 24-year-old is met.

Arsenal are the latest Premier League club to register an interest in Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish, according to a report by Sky Sports.

The 24-year-old has played a major part in his side’s successful bid to avoid the drop in the 2019/20 season. His 8 goals and 6 assists for Dean Smith’s side helped Dean Smith’s side escape relegation with only a point on the final matchday of the season.

Manchester United were also huge admirers of the England international but have reportedly cooled down their interest in the midfielder, as Ligalive reported earlier. The Red Devils were reluctant to meet Villa’s £80m valuation of their prized asset.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has instead told his higher-ups at Old Trafford to expedite United’s pursuit of Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho. The Independent reported earlier today that Dortmund are keen to sell the 20-year-old and are in discussions with United regarding his potential sale.

Arsenal register interest in Man Utd transfer target Jack Grealish
The 24-year-old is valued at £80m by Aston Villa (Image Copyright: imago images / Sportimage Paul Terry/Sportimage)

Top News 2: Manchester City have £41m bid for Nathan Ake accepted by Bournemouth

Man City close to signing defender Nathan Ake
Image Copyright: imago images / PA Images xJoexGiddensx 54792698)
After signing the Dutch center-half in a club-record £20m deal in 2017, the Cherries are prepared to offload him for another club record fee.

Bournemouth have accepted a £41m offer for Nathan Ake from Manchester City, according to a report by Sky Sports.

The report further claims that the Cherries had begun negotiations over the Dutch center-back before their eventual relegation from the Premier League. Their drop from the English top-flight on Sunday all but confirmed that the former Chelsea defender would leave the Vitality Stadium this summer.

Ake joined Eddie Howe’s side in a club-record £20m deal in 2017 and was linked with a return to Chelsea before Pep Guardiola’s side got in pole-position for the defender. His £41m capture by the Citizens would be their 2nd signing of the season, as they have already agreed terms with Valencia for Ferran Torres.

The 25-year-old might not be the only big name to leave the Cherries following their departure from the Premier League, as the likes of David Brooks and Callum Wilson are also attracting interest from several Premier League clubs.

A DIFFERENT LIGALIVE VIDEO STORY?

Man City prepare mega-contract for Messi
Man City prepare mega-contract for Messi, Real Madrid looking at Kroos replacement and more news
Kounde picks between Barca and Real Madrid
Kounde picks between Barca and Real Madrid, Solskjaer gives Pogba injury update and more news
Laporta identifies Messi's replacement
Laporta identifies Messi's replacement, Smalling slams Man Utd and Solskjaer makes Pogba prediction
Arsenal duo in training ground bust-up
Arsenal duo in training ground bust-up, Man Utd join race for Real Madrid transfer target and more news

Top News 3: Newcastle United takeover bid collapses after Saudis pull out

After the Premier League’s higher-ups attempted to shed light on links between the Saudi state and the Public Investment Fund interested in buying Newcastle, the consortium has walked away.

Newcastle United takeover bid has collapsed after the consortium that had submitted the bid to hold the reins of the club withdrew the offer, multiple news outlets have reported.

Telegraph Sport revealed earlier this week that the talks between the Saudi Public Investment Fund and the Premier League over the proposed takeover had reached an impasse after the higher-ups of the English top-flight attempted to clarify whether the interested party had links with the Saudi state.

The consortium – which consisted of the Saudi Public Investment Fund and England-based Rueben Brothers – released a statement to explain why they decided to pull out of the deal.

It claims that the ‘prolonged process’ that stretched over months as well as the ‘global uncertainty’  means that the potential investment is no longer ‘commercial viable’.

LIgalivenet Premium-Services

CLOSELOOKNET

The dossier site. Global content for global people. Top content for top subjects.

LIGALIVE DAILY

Ligalive Daily – the day-to-day newsletter by Ligalivenet. Delivered by 6.00 a.m. to your inbox. Getting smarter in five minutes.

LIGALIVEPLUS

I’d like to invite you to become Ligaliveplus member. Getting smarter, being entertained, spotting deals. Coming soon.