"Have gone to the pain line"
If the report from SPORT BILD has made a difference in the current issue, then surely that movement has come in the “case Werner”. The magazine reported Wednesday on an alleged agreement between Werner’s advisers Karlheinz Förster (60) and Bayern Munich “by 2020 at the latest.” In Leipzig, one knows nothing about it – and the bull club now apparently on heavy guns.
RB Leipzig has succeeded in the past weeks and months to keep almost all performers. Yussuf Poulsen has extended until 2020. The Swede Emil Forsberg, long injured, even signed until 2022. The same applies to the Austrian right winger Marcel Sabitzer.
Only at Timo Werner (22) is the new contract offer since Christmas untouched on the table. As SPORT BILD reported on Wednesday, the national team is on a change to FC Bayern Munich “by 2020 at the latest” with the industry giant agree. The Empire strikes back, one should think.
But even the Bull Empire has a lot to do when trying to keep Werner.
Via BILD go the Leipzig bosses on Thursday on the offensive. The “Red Bulls” want to go against the former times as “The Bull” trading firm Bayern with a transfer fee of 60 million euros – and seemingly pull out all the stops.
This seems logical, is Timo Werner but with a market value of 65 million euros together with the also courted by the Munich Kai Havertz (19) the most valuable German player in the Bundesliga.
“We cannot afford to let such a player go to last year’s free transfer,” says managing director Oliver Mintzlaff (42).
This scenario threatens Leipzig now. If Werner stays beyond 2019, he would be free of charge.
The Munich have announced that they can be in the transfer poker to Timo Werner “pushed to a maximum of 40 million euros.” Thus, the sale of Werners for RBL would be a loss or other business – with 25 million euros below the actual market value!
Further concessions in terms of salary you do not want to make in Leipzig to the national player and Confed Cup winner of 2017. “We went with the offer to the absolute pain threshold and Timo knows that well,” said RBL coach and sports director Ralf Rangnick (60) recently in the show Wontorra (Sky) clear. For the Swabian is clear: Either Werner extended – or he goes at the end of the season for an amount X.
The third scenario, unlikely indeed, but conceivable on the hardened fronts: Werner remains, Leipzig brings a new striker and the most valuable German attacker sits his remaining contract period until June 30, 2020 in the stands. The fact that you will oblige a new striker, so the motto is “No Deal”, the RBL leaders have already informed the Werner side.