Champions League Draw: Live Stream, Seeding Pots, Timing, Watch Online
18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
The 2018/19 Champions League group stage draw will take place at the Grimaldi Forum, Monaco at 11:45 EST, Thursday. The 32-teams involved in the draw are divided into four pots of eight ahead of the start of the group stage next month.
What teams are involved?
Here are all the 32 teams involved in today's draw:
- Spain: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Valencia
- England: Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham
- Germany: Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig
- France: PSG, Lyon, Lille
- Netherlands: Ajax
- Portugal: Benfica
- Ukraine: Shakhtar Donestk
- Russia: Zent St. Petersburg,Lokomotiv Moscow
- Belgium: Genk
- Austria: RB Salzburg
- Turkey: Galatasary
- Greece: Olympiakos
- Belgium: Club Brugge
- Czech Republic: Slavia Prague
- Serbia: Red Star Belgrade
- Croatia: Dinamo Zagreb
What are the pots?
There are four pots, with each containing eight teams which cannot be seeded in the same group. Furthermore, no teams from the same country can be seeded in the same group either.
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4|
|Liverpool||Real Madrid||Lyon||Lokomotiv Moscow|
|Chelsea||Atletico Madrid||Bayer Leverkusen||Genk|
|Manchester City||Borussia Dortmund||Olympiakos||RB Leipzig|
|Juventus||Napoli||Club Brugge||Slavia Prague|
|Bayern Munich||Shakhtar Donestk||Valencia||Red Star Belgrade|
Are there any restrictions?
As per UEFA rules and political tensions, the following restrictions apply to the Champions League group stage draw:
- No two teams from the same pot can be drawn against each other in the group stage
- No two teams from the same country can be drawn against each other
- Owing to the political tensions, teams from Ukraine and Russia can't be drawn in the same group
What is the prize money?
As one might expect, the prize money differs based on where a team finishes in the competition.
- Group-stage: $17m
- Round of 16: $10.5m
- Quarter-finals: $11.6m
- Semi-finals: $13.3m
- Final: 16.5m
It must be noted that victory and draw related bonuses are separate from the amounts mentioned above. Also, provided a team wins the UEFA Champions League, it will get another $4.5 beside these amounts.
Champions League Schedule
Here's how the 2018/19 Champions League will pan out:
- Matchweek 1: September 17-18
- Matchweek 2: October 1-2
- Matchweek 3: October 22-23
- Matchweek 4: November 5-6
- Matchweek 5: November 26-27
- Matchweek 6: December 10-11
- Round of 16 draw: December 16
- Saturday May 30: Final at Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadium, Istanbul
Where to watch the Champions League draw?
There are two options for anyone wanting to watch the Champions league draw live.
- For global audience: UEFA will be broadcasting the draw live on its website. You can watch the draw by clicking here
- For UK-based audience: Provided you live in the country and are a subscriber to BT Sport, you can watch the draw live on the channel as well as the BT Sport App.
[/ vc_column_text] [/ vc_column] [/ vc_row_ [/ vc_column] [/ vc_row] [/ vc_section]