VALENCIA CF CLUB PROFILE AND TEAM STATISTICS
Valencia CF is a Spanish Football Club currently playing in Spanish League LaLiga. the club is 3rd biggest in the country.
18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
Valencia Football Club is also known as Valencia CF is a Spanish Football Club located in Valencia, Spain. The football club currently belongs to the league league league football league of Spain – LaLiga . The full name of the club is Valencia Club de Fútbol and the nickname is Los Che.
The trophy cabinet of the club is quite prestigious with 8 Copa Del Rey titles, 6 League titles, 1 Spain Super Cup, 3 UEFA Cup titles, 2 European Super Cup and 1 Recopa title. Till now, the club has reached to the 7 major European finals and won four of those.
The Spanish Civil War was the main reason for the decline of the club and until 1941, when the club won COPA title, there was no development in the club.
Very next season, the club also won the Spanish Title and emerged as a top level football club in the country. The club played its matches in Algirós from the start and then moved to Mestalla Stadium in 1923.Serious fans may know some facts about the club but not all of them. So we round up some facts about Valencia CF.
- The average of the squad is 25.7 and 11 current internationals are the part of the club.
- The current market value of the club is 467, 90 mill. €.
- Gonçalo Guedes is the most expensive signing in the history of club costing € 40m.
- The record transfer fee received by Valencia was € 48m when the club sold Gaizka Mendieta to Lazio back in 2001.
- The club has spent 77 seasons in the first division of Spanish football and just 4 seasons in the second division.
- The greatest success came in 1953 when the club defeated Sporting de Gijón by 13-0.
- The biggest defeat with the scoreline of 10-3 came against Sevilla back in 1940.
- Fernando holds the record for most games played for 554 appearances.
- Mundo is the highest goal scorer for the club with 206 goals.
- Mundo also won the Pichichi Award twice for Valencia back in 1941-42 and 1943-44 season.
Mestalla is the home stadium of Valencia since 1923 with a capacity of 49,500 seats. After the two Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, Valencia is the 3rd most supported club in the country. And in terms of support, the club is one of the biggest in the world with more than 50,000 season ticket holders.
The youth academy of Valencia has produced finest players recently including Jordi Alba, Isco, Jose Gaya, Paco Alcacer and Juan Bernat. Players like David Silva, Raúl Albiol, and Miguel Ángel Angulo are also the product of Valencia youth academy.
Traditionally, the kit of the club is a mixture of white and black with white shirts and black shorts. The away kit of the club is on the orange side and the third kit is a mixture of yellow, orange and blue.
Adidas, Nike, and Puma have contributed to the kit manufacturing of the club with Puma the current kit manufacturer.Valencia CF ended 4th in the LaLiga table in the 2018-19 season but the highlight of the season was winning Copa Del Rey. They beat FC Barcelona by 2-1 and clinched 8th Copa title of their history.
In round of 32, Valencia beat Ebro with an aggregate of 3-1. The club then faced Sporting Gijon in RO16 where they edged the opponent with 4-2.
Valencia faced a bit easier draw in the Cup as compared to the other finalist – FC Barcelona. In quarter finals, Barcelona faced Sevilla while Valencia was drawn against Getafe.
In the Semi's, Valencia beat Real Betis with a scoreline of 3-2 while Barcelona defeated their arch rivals Real Madrid with the aggregate of 4-1.Here are some fun facts about the club which you may not know:
- Los Ches is the nickname of the club meaning “The Mates”.
- The official logo of Valencia FC and Levante has a bat. The reason for this is when James I re-conquered the city from Moors back in 1238, a bat landed on his flag. He considered it as a good omen and from that time to bat embedded on the official emblem of the city.
- Orange color is very famous in Valencia because of the farmed area of the city is famous for producing sweet oranges. Therefore, the official away kit of clubs is orange.
- Before every match, the official anthem of the city is played. So, the anthem is played in their local language.
- The first president of the club was selected on the toss. The coin flipped and Octavio Augusto Milego Díaz won the toss and was elected as the president.
- Valencia FC what all set to move to the new stadium back in 2008 but due to financial disagreements, the construction work was stopped. As a result, the club is still playing in their old stadium.
- The club has produced some amazing footballers over the years. Players like David Silva, David Villa, and Juan Mata all belong to Valencia.
- Due to financial disagreements of the stadium, the club is facing some serious debts.
- David Albelda is the current captain of the team. Back in 2007-08, he was sacked by the coach Ronald Koeman. After that, the club sacked Koeman and re-appointed Albelda. As a result, Valencia survived relegation in that season.
- Peter Lim – a Singaporean businessman – is the CEO of the club. So lim appointed Gary Neville as the coach of the club. Many fans asked Lim to sell the club for Neville.
Information includes: Age of the players, Matches, Minutes played, Goals scored, Zero, Substitutions, Substitutions, Yellow cards, Red cards, Traffic signals.
Further information about the club can be obtained from: