RB Leipzig Vs Liverpool preview, team news, prediction, h2h, TV channel and live stream info
RB Leipzig Vs Liverpool preview, team news, prediction, h2h, TV channel and live stream info of Tuesday night’s Champions League clash.
18+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Begambleaware.org
- Liverpool will go head to head vs RB Leipzig for the Tuesday night’s 1st leg Champions League R-16 clash between both sides in Budapest
- Julian Nagelsmann’s side might not be the favorites to win the tie but their recent form is much better than that of their Tuesday’s guests
- While Leipzig have won each of their last four games in all competitions, Liverpool are coming into this game on a three-game losing run
Liverpool will be aiming to put their domestic woes behind them when they travel to Budapest to face RB Leipzig in the 1st leg Champions League R-16 clash between both sides on Tuesday.
Jurgen Klopp’s side were the favorites to claim the victory after Mohamed Salah had opened the scoring in the 2nd half against Leicester City in the Premier League on Saturday, before some shambolic decision making by Alisson Becker allowed the Foxes to score three quick-fire goals and turn the game around.
Leipzig fans thus have reason to believe that their side would pile more misery on the ailing Premier League champions when both the sides meet on Tuesday. However, as their shock 3-2 defeat at Mainz at the end of last month showed, Die Roten Bullen too are prone to making costly mistakes.
RB Leipzig Vs Liverpool preview: Team News and starting lineups
Liverpool team and injury news
Liverpool will be traveling to Budapest without James Milner after the veteran midfielder pulled his hamstring during the Reds 3-1 defeat at Leicester on Saturday. He will therefore join Diogo Jota, Naby Keita, Joel Matip, Joe Gomez and Virgil Van Dijk on the sidelines.
January signing Ben Davies is expected to be a part of the Reds’ traveling contingent after the former Championship centre-back sat out on Saturday due to a knock he had sustained in training. Though Fabinho remains out due to a muscle injury he sustained last week.
- Injured: Diogo Jota, Naby Keita, Joe Gomez, Virgil Van Dijk, Fabinho
- Doubtful: James Milner
Possible Liverpool starting lineup vs RB Leipzig: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Henderson, Robertson; Thiago, Wijnaldum, Jones; Salah, Firmino, Mane
RB Leipzig team and injury news
With his side comfortably ensconced at 2nd place in the Bundesliga standings, Nagelsmann was able to rest the key trio of Alexander Sorloth, Marcel Sabitzer and Dayot Upamecano at the weekend. They are therefore rested and raring to go.
Though Leipzig doesn’t have an empty injury room at this time. Dominik Szoboszlai continues to be sidelined with an injury he sustained last year. Konrad Laimer, Emil Forsberg, and Benjamin Henrichs won’t be available for selection vs Liverpool as well.
- Injured: Dominik Szoboszlai, Konrad Laimer, Emil Forsberg, Benjamin Henrichs
- Doubtful: None
Possible RB Leipzig starting lineup vs Liverpool: Gulacsi; Mukiele, Upamecano, Klostermann; Adams, Sabiter, Kampl, Olmo, Angelino; Poulsen, Nkunku
RB Leipzig Vs Liverpool H2H, TV channel, live stream info and prediction
- Where to watch RB Leipzig vs Liverpool on TV: BT Sport 2 (UK), CBS All Access (US), Sony Network (Indian Subcontinent)
- RB Leipzig vs Liverpool live stream info: Subscribe to BT Sport to watch the match live on the BT Sport app and BT Sport website
- RB Leipzig Vs Liverpool h2h: Both the sides have never met before
- RB Leipzig Vs Liverpool prediction: RB Leipzig 1 – 3 Liverpool